Saturday, March 12, 2005

The Oak Woodland Bird Conservation Plan

The California Oak Foundation sponsored this popular book:



Their latest offering is:
The Oak Woodland Bird Conservation Plan

by Dr. Steve Zack and published by California Oak Foundation
California oak woodlands rank among the top three habitat types in North America for bird richness. This book is a guide for conservation policy and action on behalf of oak woodland habitats and wildlife. 126 pages
Paperback, $12.00, Members $10.80.
Don't forget to add local tax and shipping and handling of $5.25.

I learned about it from the February issue of their free-on-request email newsletter. As described on their Home page:

The California Oak Report
Our Current Issues page features a monthly report that provides information to the general public to help them better understand the biological role of California's oak woodlands in the landscape and the planning processes applicable to oak woodland habitats. Automatic electronic mailings of the California Oak Report are available upon request by contacting oakstaff@californiaoaks.org.

Contact information:
California Oak Foundation
1212 Broadway, Suite 810
Oakland, CA 94612
Tel: (510) 763-0282
Fax: (510) 208-4435
E-mail: oakstaff@californiaoaks.org

The new book and many other interesting items are available from their Merchandise page.

I haven't seen a copy of this new book, but their other materials I have seen are excellent.

4 Comments:

At 1:40 AM, Blogger google nut said...

Hello,
I just happened upon your blog and it's proven to be quite interesting. I run a windchime website at http://www.bigchimes.com and I have some deals you may find interesting this spring. I will return often to your blog and check out your new posts. Good luck and keep it going!

 
At 1:59 AM, Blogger google nut said...

Hello,
I just happened upon your blog and it's proven to be quite interesting. I run a water fountain website at http://www.bigchimes.com and I have some deals you may find interesting this spring. I will return often to your blog and check out your new posts. Good luck and keep it going!

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Paul Adams said...

Hi, Fellow!I like your blog!
I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
I have a games center
site. It pretty much covers games center related subjects.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger Hieu Nguyen said...

When you're tired, you want to relax after a stressful working hours, you need to have time to take care of the kids active.
Please visit our website and play exciting flash games.
Thanks you for sharing!
Friv 4

 

Post a Comment

<< Home